Learning Activity: “What have we learned?”

• What types of policies on the part of government could promote energy efficiency?

There are many policies and provisions that help generate more energy efficiency. The Energy Policy Act of 2005 also known as the EPA act. Included in this act are provisions and policies that set standards for both the public and private sector in the energy industry. There are different ways the government can promote energy efficiency which include tax credits, energy standards, new markets, as well as regional programs that are set and monitored by the government. Having the government monitor such programs will insure accurate and enforceable methods that when put in place are effective and earth changing.

• How would you develop a business that has the potential to move this idea forward?

I would develop a business that would benefit from the repercussions of the standards and policies that are put in place. For example there is a massive shift in solar industry specifically in the residential photo voltaic solar systems. Due to some much needed policies changed and amendments with current energy policies currently in place, there is now an opportunity for people to get solar on their house without having to spend a single dime. I too would look at all the policies to see where my business plan would be most effective. An example would be any sort of credits that could come to.

This entry was posted in Lesson 03 - What Have We Learned by amv5282. Bookmark the permalink.

About amv5282

Hi I'm a father of 4 and a hubby to one and live in Las Vegas Nevada. When I am not working for my states power company as a Power Trader I run a shaved ice company during the summer seasons called Rockstar Snowcones. I am very pleased with the online classes thus far and I am excited to learn with all of you. :)

One thought on “Learning Activity: “What have we learned?”

1. Hello Anthony,
    The Energy Policy Act of 2005 definitely has helped promote energy efficiency. I like your business idea. Following the policies to see what would be most effective and changing your business slightly would be beneficial to any business plan. Tax credits are great for businesses. I enjoyed reading your post. Here is the link to mine if you are interested:
    http://engr312.dutton.psu.edu/2014/09/17/what-i-have-learned-bethany-steiner/